First, let me just say that housewarming parties are possibly my favorite parties to attend. I realize that seems a little random, however, being that my passion is home decor, it does make a little sense! I feel like it's my chance to bring joy and love into people's new homes in a small way. Our home is where life happens, and being welcomed to someone's is an honor!
I don't think it is necessary to bring a gift, and many people don't request them of course. I on the other hand, think it's a really nice way to give something small to add the their new home's character. I love giving plants, and flowers, but always fear that those may not survive... so I created a list of my favorite types of smaller items to give. I hope this gives some inspiration, and shows that you don't have to spend a fortune either, to show some love!
1: These adorable tea-towels from Paper Source are a great pattern that mixes vintage and modern. Plus, over time, everyone will need more kitchen towels!
2: For a little fun, these CB2 bookends are perfect. They are stylish, without being too serious. (I have them in my house, and they are always a conversation starter!)
3. This industrial, high function, but very stylish bottle opener from Paper Source will win everyone over!
4. This vase is my favorite, and it's been haunting me at Target for weeks. (I should really just buy it right!?) It's modern, but classic too, to fit with everyone's style. It can sit out all the time, or be used for flower arrangements. (Bonus points if you bring flowers in the vase!)
5. This is my absolute personal favorite on the list. This board from Crate and Barrel is gorgeous enough to sit on the counter all the time, but also is lovely for serving. The wood/marble combination is so smart and warms this designer's heart!
6. A little something for indoors or out, this Target lantern screams Sonoma chic - again a good mix of rustic and modern lines, which wins every time. (I'm seeing a theme here!)
7. This adorable little CB2 rose gold tea-light holder is so chic and simple. Rose gold is a bit more unexpected, but works in any space. The price point is so great - grab three and you're set!
I hope this list of my favorite items helps you on your next shopping trip - or inspires you to add a little extra style to your own space too! What is your favorite item to bring to a housewarming party? Or... what is the best thing you received at your own party?